Cards and effects in Legends of Runeterra may refer to a stat called “Power” and some players are not quite sure what it refers to. So here’s a quick guide!
What is Power in Legends of Runeterra?
Power is simply the attack damage of a card or unit in Runeterra.
It is how much damage the unit deals when they attack.
A unit’s Power or attack damage is indicated by the number in the orange shape on the lower left corner of the card.
Mechanics that affect Power in Runeterra
There are several effects in the game that can manipulate a unit’s Power or attack damage.
One such effect is Frostbite which sets a unit’s Power to 0 for that round. However, it can be changed afterwards with spells and unit effects that give increased Power.
Other cards may have effects that give allies +1/+1, this simply means +1 Power and +1 Health.
Fearsome is another mechanic that refers to units’ power. Cards with Fearsome can only be blocked by enemies with 3 or more Power.
What does Strongest/Weakest mean in Legends of Runeterra?
Some effects in Runeterra may also refer to the Strongest or Weakest unit—it’s simply the one with the highest or lowest attack power respectively.
But what if there are several Strongest or Weakest units with the same Power? If that’s the case, then the Health and Cost are determined next after attack power.
It’s important to note that these effects that refer to Power—Strongest, Weakest and Fearsome—all use the current modified attack power as opposed to the card’s base power.
We hope this quick little guide has helped you understand a bit better about what Power is and how it works in Legends of Runeterra.
We’ll be posting more Legends of Runeterra guides, so stay tuned and follow us on Twitter!
- How to Gain EXP Fast in Legends of Runeterra
- How to Level Up Weekly Vault, Rewards List in Legends of Runeterra
- What is Rally in Legends of Runeterra?
- Guide to How “Scout” Works in Legends of Runeterra
- 5+ Tips on How to Get Cards in Legends of Runeterra
- Guide to Legends of Runeterra Deck Types: Aggro, Midrange, Control
- Ultimate Guide to Expeditions: How it Works in Legends of Runeterra
- Guide on How to Import & Share Decks in Legends of Runeterra
- Top 3 Best Starter Decks for Beginners in Legends of Runeterra
- How to Open Wildcards in Legends of Runeterra
- What is Spell Vamp in Mobile Legends?
- What is “CC” in Mobile Legends?